Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Before / During

Just a few progress pictures....


Remember the "to die for" pear wallpaper?






Well, it's gone :) We textured the walls...the finished product will be more of a Tuscan orange. Doesn't your kitchen counter look like this?? Sandals, trash, paint thinner and soccer ball...



We also sanded all the cabinets and stained them darker. We are lacking knobs, trim, windows, sink and oven.



I don't have a good before of the laundry room. Before you see the "in progress pic", let me warn you, it is a little bright. I was a little excited at Lowe's without Jer. :) I love, love, love turquoise....I can't help it! Any shade! So Jer left for New Mexico and I went on a turquoise mission :)





It came out brighter than I planned, but it is so fun when you walk in. This room will have a lot of traffic from the pool and for laundry, so it might as well be happy :) I am going to tie in the orange from the kitchen....maybe window treatment and knobs ???




not great pics, but you can kind of see the progress
(to whom it may concern)....wink, wink (yep, I'm a little tired or maybe it's the paint ...who knows)
.....because we were talking about distressed kitchen cabinets, here is a pretty pic from Cottage Home Decorating. And a really great article about refinishing cabinets :)http://www.remodelingmyspace.com/kitchen/kitchen-cabinets/how-to-antique-your-kitchen-cabinets.htm


2 comments:

The Gray Family said...

OMG... I LOVE LOVE LOVE the laundry room! Mine is a shade or two lighter than yours and it makes me so happy everytime I walk in there! Enjoy it! Smiles are WONDERFUL and a room that makes you happy when doing laundry is priceless!

KRiSTiN said...

Looks Great!

Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker
Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker