Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Kitchen Help!!!!

Okay....here are some pics of my kitchen......in all it's dirty glory! ;)


Cinnamon Sugar walls....dark iron




dining table is dark too



I am really glad we did the ceilings the same color as the walls....but the combination of the dark cabinets, floors and walls just isn't doing it for me.


I am thinking of doing all the cabinets distressed ivory and leaving the bottom half of the bar area stained....give you the island look maybe???? I also want to put glass in the doors on the three cabinets you see in the pic


OK.....so you know we worked hours....no really days.....OK in reality...weeks on our kitchen cabinets. Well, I am not entirely happy. I fell like it is too dark....dark stained cabinets, dark slate floor, caramel walls and ivory trim.....(will post a pic later). So....as Jer rolls his eyes....I would love to lighten it up a bit. What do you think of two toned cabinets? HHHHEEELLLPPPP! I really would like some input!









2 comments:

Kathy said...

Post some pics. I like two toned and I almost did it in this last remodel we did. I ended up going with ivory cabs all the way just because this house was soooooo dark all over.

KRiSTiN said...

I love the 2 tone. I think it makes the room look roomier and cozier at the same time.

Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker
Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker