Monday, June 7, 2010

Are we crazy???

Maybe a little......

so here's the new house.....haven't closed yet (inspection is Wed)

Our goal....trees, yard, pool, try to get as close to our current size.

So we found this....total updating needed ;)


need total landscaping


builder loved built-ins :)


Addi checking out the storage space ....aka hiding places



sitting area off master....



office.....may be gameroom



going to knock out that wall to make the entry larger




living room
I've saved the best for last.....the pool



hahaha....ok it's coming out. This is actually in a bricked in courtyard on the left side of the house. So our plan is to dig this "bathtub/pool/pond" thing out, make this the play area and put a pool out back.
To say the least, we have a fixer upper :) I am going to be giving myself an interior design workshop......I will be posting my progress and room idea....I would love some input....seriously!!!

7 comments:

Courtney said...

I want a fixer upper so bad, and my husband has given me a very firm, NO! I love the idea of recreating a house. Sigh.

Now, my first instinct would be to run in there and paint all that trim work cream, but I recently learned that the naturally finished trim is far more expensive so it may be worth preserving. Some of my Martha magazines have some great pictures of rooms with natural finished trim...I would never think I would like it, then I see her pictures and I'm like, "OH...I love that!" Can't wait to see what you come up with as I live vicariously through your projects! :-)

S. Brook Bell said...

I am very excited about the recreating part!!! My first instinct too....paint it...but I think we are going ot try and keep most of it stained...just much darker..that color really dates the house!! I need to pick up a Martha mag :)

Amanda said...

Are you guys staying in this area?

S. Brook Bell said...

The new place is in Grapevine too...it would be very hard to get us out of this area!! :)

The Gray Family said...

That looks like SOOOOO much fun! When you get done with yours... I have a really pretty 1970's Alvacado Green bathroom that needs a serious intervention!!!! HA!

S. Brook Bell said...

hahaha....see, now you are lucky all the color is coming back :) Ya know if it was turq or something...but alv. green :)

Brooke said...

YAY ... I love the new spot!! So pretty. Love you!!!!

Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker
Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker