Monday, November 17, 2008

Weekend Review

It was quite a busy weekend!

BIRTHDAY PARTY


Saturday we went to a birthday party for Luke....he turned one!!! The girls were soooo excited! All they kept saying was "Birthday Party"...."Birthday Party"...."I love Luke"...."Luke is my best friend"! Luke is the son of one of Jeremy's employees....this was the first time that the girls have met him. Everyone had such a great time. The girls played with the huge balloons and ate lots of cake! I think Luke was a little overwhelmed with all the people....but he was still soooo adorable....handsome little guy with the prettiest blue eyes!!! (sorry no pictures)


BEAUTY REST



Faith was really troubled with her allergies this weekend. So our sleep pattern was really off because the medicine makes her so drowsy. This was our Saturday night.....Faith fell asleep on the way home from the party. Right before dinner Grace helped us pull out all of our Christmas decorations......she took a bath and put on her pjs....t-shirt, panties and her new winter boots(the ones that mommy wanted her to wear to the party)...like my aunt says she does things the way she wants, when she is ready....Miss Independent!!! Faith woke up about 10 minutes before Grace went to sleep. Faith went back to sleep at about 2:30...so I went to bed. At 4 Grace got up because she was cold and needed to sleep with us......well about that time Miss Addison woke up and had a party! Faith, Jeremy and I got up for the day about 6! Needless to say all three of my girls let me have about 2 hours of sleep! :)



IT'S BEGINNING TO LOOK A LOT LIKE CHRISTMAS


On Sunday we finished putting all the decorations on the tree. Our tree is really small for our living room but we have decided to get a big one after Christmas! The girls were very creative this year. Orange feathers, hair bows, Easter eggs and 6 ornaments on one branch!




On Sunday night I tried to make the tree festive....here is the final project.



Faith taking a picture of the tree with her Nemo camera.....she told me..."Mommy I neeeeed a camera that shows the picture right here (pointing to the back of the camera)".



Santa....Faith wants a digital camera :)







Faith after she had finished decorating the tree.




The wreath I made for the front door.




We also starting decorating the mantle.

This year we are doing little baskets instead of stockings. They have a rhinestone frame with the girls name on them. I also put up a tree in our kitchen. Jeremy wanted to make sure I was done decorating....he said he doesn't want our house to look like Santa's workshop!!! :) I assured him that Santa uses red and green.

CRAFT TIME



One thing I have learned about having twins is to keep them busy. At our favorite breakfast place we play the memory game with the jelly containers.....flip them all over and see who can make the most matches....grape, strawberry or mixed berry! At home, it is craft time! Whether it is painting, coloring, making bows or learning to use scissors....we are always doing a craft project. Well on Sunday we decided to decorate princess crowns. Faith decided that all of her crowns were for Princess Faith (I wrote them each a book....Princess Faith and Princess Grace). Grace on the other hand said that her crowns are for everyone!!!!!


Because I don't get out much I am always confused at what day it is...today I pulled out the milk and the date on it was 11/29/08!!!!!!! Oh my goodness, time is flying! I overlooked the fact that the milk jug serves as my calendar...and realized that the holidays are here! The holidays are serving as my safe zone with Addison. "If I can make it past the holidays". Well we are making it! Pretty soon our home will be full of baby bottles, dirty diapers, lullabies and the sweet smell of a newborn!

3 comments:

Courtney said...

We, too, have put out all the Christmas decorations. Only I don't have two helpers...I have one destroyer. So far, it's two ornaments broken and a few MIA. What was I thinking putting up my tree so early with a 21 month old on the loose!! I just couldn't help myself...I love Christmas!

Your decorations look great! ...especially because the girls were so involved. I think it's great to let the kids participate and feel like they're part of the festivities. Clinton will be making our wrapping paper this year...be looking for a post on how that project goes!! :-)

Take care of yourself and Miss Addison.

S. Brook Bell said...

That is a great idea....about the wrapping paper. I might steal it!!!

Next year you will have a helper...although we did break three ornaments this year! (Jeremy broke one....guys don't understand the word fragile)

I am interested to see where the MIA ornaments are found....my girls use to hide things in my speakers....bottles, toys, etc.

I love kiddos!!! They definitely make life interesting!

Whitney Bownds said...

THAT'S IS SO FUNNY... I PICKED UP A JUG OF MILK THE OTHER DAY AND COULDN'T BELIEVE THE DATE ON IT WAS DEC. 2 .. THE HOLIDAYS ARE DEFINATELY UPON US..
send me your address so i send a xmas card.. please..

Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker
Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker