Sunday, November 23, 2008

3 lbs 5 oz

On Thursday we were able to see Miss Addison again! She gained another 9 ounces and is looking great! During the ultrasound she was playing with her toes! She was also practicing breathing.....the nurse called it chest contractions. This is a really great sign because it means her lungs are maturing. The doctor said if we make it into the new year there is a 75% chance Addison will come home with us. If she is born in December, more than likely she will be in the hospital for several weeks. We are going to make it into the new year!!!!! If things keep going steady....we will have a c-section around 37 weeks....middle of January. My nurse called on Friday and said that all of the test results came back good......she feels like we have a couple of weeks to relax a little.

Unfortunately, my contractions have started back pretty steady. Some I can just feel my tummy tighten.....others have me frozen in pain. I had a really terrible one in the kitchen the other night......I think I scared Jeremy with my fit of rage when he tried to move me. Oh....I know he will be happy to get his wife back. :) My doc did tell Jeremy to take me to the emergency room if I have a few painful contractions in a row.......when I have a contraction around Jeremy I have to clarify..."not a hospital contraction"! I am having MAJOR anxiety about this c-section. I don't know if it is because this pregnancy has been stressful or if I am just being a big baby about all the needles. Nevertheless, I am scared and not afraid to admit it!!!! However, I saw the sweetest little baby girl today and it melted me. I seriously cannot wait!

2 comments:

KRiSTiN said...

A) I am praying for you to make it to the new year so you don't have to leave your baby girl in the hospital, especially over the holidays!!

B) I love the name Addison!! How cute!

C) I think my husband was ready to strangle me or himself by the end of my pregnancy, lol. We decided on not having anymore kids because our marriage wouldn't last through another pregnancy. Lol, we were only half kidding. :)

Stuart and Brooke Newton said...

Hi Brook! I am so excited for all of you! How exciting to be weclomeing another beautiful baby girl into your family. Stuart and I are expecting our first baby in June, so we are not sure if we are having a girl or boy! I will be praying for you and keeping you close in thought!

Love always!
Brooke Webster-Newton

Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker
Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker