Thursday, December 4, 2008

January 22, 2009

(that's her hand by her mouth)

Thanks to G's wonderful Thanksgiving dinner, Miss Addison gained 1 pound 5 ounces in only two weeks!!!!!!! She is already 4 lbs 10 oz!!! I gained 3 pounds......no wonder my belly is hurting!!!

During the ultrasound, Addison was trying to suck on her fingers.....it wasn't quite working for her so all of a sudden she decided to try her toes! It was so cute!

Dr. Wai is very pleased with the way things are going. He did say that we might have a few "hiccups" before the c-section, but for now I don't have to take any medication for the contractions. He insinuated that I would get on them again in a few weeks.......really not looking forward to that....they make me feel terrible!!!

We scheduled the c-section for January 22nd.....only 7 weeks away!!! I was really wanting the 28th, my dad's birthday, but the doctor said I couldn't wait that long. In fact, Jeremy and I thought he would schedule it a week or two sooner than he did, but every visit he pushes back the target date. He did say that girls mature faster than boys (imagine that!!!)...but he still wants to wait as long as possible.

I absolutely cannot wait to hold this little girl. Every time we see her, the more anxious we get. Her nursery is almost ready. The crib should come in sometime in December and the awning above the window should be ready in a few days. We already have the changing station, glider, table, rug and paintings. Dee Dee is going to paint the cutest giraffes on the wall and Grumpy is building her bookcases and shelves. I promise I will post pictures as soon as we are done! I will also post the picture from the ultrasound as soon as I scan it in.

3 comments:

Amanda said...

That's such great news, Brook! You all continue to be in my prayers!

KRiSTiN said...

How exciting!! I always loved watching the sonograms. So wild!

Alicia said...

awww...love hearing such great news...cant wait to see nursery pics...our thoughts and prayers are with you all...xoxo

Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker
Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker