Tuesday, December 16, 2008

The Right Story

We had a little incident today that some might hear by two different storytellers....myself and my husband. So, I thought I would go first to get the truth out there!

We have a leather sectional couch. Well, one of the brackets that holds the left piece on is broken. Here is how the event took place.

Setting: Jeremy and I are eating our dinner, sitting on the couch watching NCIS.

Brook: Jer...I might need help this couch is slipping.
Jer: Ok
Brook: No really Jer, I am falling
(he grabs my arms and tries to pull)
Brook: My butt is stuck between the two pieces
Jer (laughter)
Brook: Don't laugh at me ( as the couch completely separates and I go all the way to the floor)
Jer (Lots of Laughter)
Brook: Stop laughing....you are going to make me laugh and it hurts
Jer (Laugh, Laugh, Laugh) My pregnant wife fell between our sectional couch and is stuck!!!
Brook: (holding back the laughs) Ha Ha....ouch....hehehehe...ouch....stop laughing Jer!!!!!!
Finally he pulls me back up off the floor and starts planning how he is going to tell our children and our family and of course our friends.........How I managed to fall and get stuck on a sectional couch! I reminded him that the couch was broken and that's why I fell, but he thinks that part is unimportant. :)

You might not think this is too funny, but if you could see me right now with my huge belly and how helpless I am .........slowing falling to the floor and getting stuck between the couch pieces. I don't know....maybe we need to get out a little more :)

UPDATE

Things have been going very well. Last night I did exceed my limit of 5 contractions in an hour; therefore, the nurse gave me another large dose of the meds. I monitored again for 30 min.....again reaching my threshold of 3. So I had to be very careful all night....lie down flat on my side....and if there were any more incidences they would contact the doctor.

This morning was much better.....3 contractions in an hour. G and I hung out all day....she brought me breakfast and lunch! We watched a little tv....shopped a little online.....and of course solved all the the world's problems! I really enjoy the time we have been able to spend together. Even though she is forced to take care of me :) it is still fun!!!!

Tonight I once again reach my threshold, so she gave me other big dose. Tomorrow they are going to up my big dose times.....instead of every 6 hours, they think it needs to be every 4 hours. They asked my opinion, I told them whatever will be best for Miss Addison. (I can shake and feel ill for a few weeks....no biggie...in the long run )

I was tired of having the needle on my left leg, so my husband took the initiative to change if for me. He was a great doctor! Talk to me about everything while he was removing the old and getting ready for the new. And when he was ready to stick me....he said "tell me about Addison". Well that worked...I did make a little sound but nothing major. I am excited, I get to sleep on my left side now!

Not too much entertainment here! I will post pictures soon....I know they are more enjoyable than words:) I hope everyone is ready for Christmas!!!!

1 comment:

Emily said...

The couch story is funny (even to someone who still gets out and about). I am so sorry that you are having to go through so much during this pregnancy. It seems like you are handling it like a champ though, I am impressed. I will continue to pray for you and Miss Addison.

Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker
Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker