Thursday, December 11, 2008

Preterm Labor

Unfortunately it started again....yesterday around 4pm. I was having about 4 contractions an hour, which isn't bad, but it wouldn't stop. I spoke with my nurse this morning and she said to take my meds, drink lots of water and take a warm bath....then call her back in 2 hours. So by 1pm I was still have steady contractions......4 every hour.

They are having home health come out to put in that iv pump(terbutiline) that I was hoping we would not have to resort to. I was put on this medicine while I was in the hospital with the girls.....it is not fun. It makes my heart race, my whole body jittery, etc. It normally wouldn't be a big deal, except that I can't be on my heart medicine while I am pregnant. While I was in the hospital, I was monitored by a cardiologist. The home health center will be monitoring my contractions, heart and Miss Addison while I am at home. I am being a big baby about the whole situation. From what I understand I have to change out the iv every 3 to 4 days!!!! Not only do I have to have a needle in all the time, but I have to change it myself????? Not excited at all! But the good news is....I don't have to be in the hospital. And really I am doing great! People have to go through much worse than this....and in the end I get to bring home a sweet healthy baby girl!



Just pray for Miss Addison and her mommy and daddy. Especially daddy....he is so worried about us....and I am sure he will get the job of sticking me :)

Just an old picture I thought I would share

4 comments:

KRiSTiN said...

Oh no!! You poor thing!! And poor Daddy! He must be worried out of his mind!!

It's getting close though, right? You just hav eto make it through the holidays. I'm thinking about you, girl!! Hang in there!! You're much braver than me!!

Alicia said...

Oh my goodness Little Momma! I am so sorry you are having to go through all this right now. You hang in there! You and the family are in my thoughts and prayers...xoxo

Courtney said...

Hey, girl...that totally sucks. I hope you have a couple of good girlfriends coming over to take care of you and bringing your family meals! I was on terbutiline with Clinton. My preterm labor started around week 28 and went to week 37....then when I wanted to deliver, NOTHING! They gave me the injection form when I was in the ER, but then sent me home with the pill form. But you're right, it makes you feel AWFUL! I'll be praying for you. I am getting nervous as I approach 28 weeks again....hoping to not encounter the same thing!

Whitney Bownds said...

sorry to hear about the further complications. just try to enjoy the last few weeks you have that little girl all to yourself in the belly and relax if you can.. i'll be thinking of you all..

Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker
Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker