Monday, December 22, 2008

Christmas Treats

The girls and I decided to really get into the Christmas spirit by making rice krispie treats and Christmas cookies. One thing that you should know is I don't bake. In fact, this was the first time I have made rice krispie treats.....and it only involves a little melting....that's it. The rice krispie treats turned out ok.....just a little dry.

Faith and Grace loved measuring all the ingredients.....but the mixing was definitely a challenge. After we cut out all of our Christmas shapes, Faith, Grace and Jeremy decorated the treats with more marshmallows. Jeremy was immediately kicked out when he chose to decorate the gingerbread man.....I won't go into details....but I will say I had to immediately remove the marshmallows from his man....oh geeezzz....this is why I have girls :)

Our cookie decorations turned out to be....well....over the top! But the girls had a blast!


Yep, we use all kinds of resources to make these cookies......cookie cutters, hands, fingers, toes....don't worry, if you are coming over for Christmas, you will not be forced to try a cookie!



Faith decided that we needed to try and make a snowman cookie...since we couldn't make one outside (no snow). I promise, I normally have the girls seated...learning how to do things the right way, but I was just so happy to be out of bed, that I decided to let their creative side come through :)......and I just don't have the energy to do much but watch and laugh!!!


Faith was very serious about making the perfect ball for daddy's plain cookies......he only ended up with two and when he took a bite I think he thought I was trying to poison him. He said, "well, if you want our Christmas guest to stay only a few minutes, you can serve them Christmas cookies before lunch"! He is always so kind and gentle about my "Betty Crocker" skills.


Grace and Faith adding their magic sprinkles to our cookies! Faith remarked several times, "Mommy, Grace is doing a very nice job of helping me with my cookies...she is sharing the sprinkles with me".....man she is starting to sound like me...a least I know they are listening.....right?

Cookies by Faith

Cookies by Grace

After we finished decorating, we decided to have a tea party (cookie and milk party) upstairs. G had already set up our table with a little Christmas tree and decorations....the girls loved the red lights. G also brought over all the goodies to have a party. We had hot chocolate with pink and green marshmallows and of course our world famous cookies.

No comments:

Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker
Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker