Monday, December 29, 2008

Two More Weeks!!!!

Just a quick update from our dr visit today......

Of course, he was troubled by all of the contractions....but he did say that I am not dilating. He said that I need to go two more weeks. If Addison is born this week there is a 50% chance she will have to be in the NICU.......if she is born the following week there is a 25% chance she will have to be in the NICU......but if she is born in two weeks, the percentage is decreased to 10%. I will be on the meds for the next two weeks, but after that he is taking me off.....yea!!! He is not going to reschedule the c-section right now.

He did say that a short hospital stay might be in our future. If the contractions don't slow down, he said that there are things they can do in the hospital to get us to our two week goal.

The mothers I have spoken with about this medicine tell me that once they were taken off, they almost immediately went into labor. But Miss Addison might have her own plan.....she might just wait until the 22nd. Jeremy is not betting on it :)

Tonight.........I monitored tonight and of course I had too many contractions again. In fact, one of the contractions almost killed me......ok so not really but it was the most painful thus far. When I monitor the baseline is a 10....this contraction went above 90. The nurse just gave me another demand dose and I am going to monitor again at 9:30. Hopefully my tummy is tired :)

No comments:

Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker
Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker