Saturday, December 13, 2008

4 AM

My home health care nurse, Sue, was amazing! She didn't leave the house until after 10pm....we got a late start because of traffic and she stayed until all of my questions were answered.

The iv wasn't that bad....I will admit. I definitely had way too much anxiety about it. Although, I did convince her that she should do it and I should definitely have my eyes closed! I also had my husband sitting on the bed right beside me holding my hand....saying "relax honey" and "you need to breath". I know I am a big baby! When we change it in a few days, she is going to make me do it.

Sue monitored my contractions for an hour. I only had 3! The medicine works fast! She also monitored Miss Addison (mom got to hear her heartbeat).

The medicine is being given to me in small doses. A little bit every hour, then a large dose every 6 hours. At first, I was very pleased at the minimal side effects.....a little dizzy and slightly jittery. Well, at midnight I received the first large dose. I was extremely jittery, my heart was racing.....in general I felt terrible (it is really hard to describe).....but I didn't have any contractions.

Unfortunately, I can't sleep at all. Mainly because I can't get comfortable and this pump (it is really small) and tubing are in the way. I am hoping once I get use to it and get my ambien filled I will be able to get a little sleep.

Sue comes back in the morning to monitor my contractions again.....after that I should be able to do the monitoring myself....we are waiting for the wireless connector so I can send it in via our wireless connection.

I am so thankful for Sue. She was so caring and patient. She told me all the little things that doctors sometimes overlook.......all the warning signs to look for, how to overcome the side effects and how to control the pain.

Now I am going to try and get some sleep in the recliner....I am very envious of the snoring I hear from the bed :)

No comments:

Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker
Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker