Thursday, December 18, 2008

Almost to 34 weeks!

It is a little past midnight and I can't sleep! I just received another big dose of meds so I am wide awake not feeling so great! This insomnia is giving me a chance to update everyone on our doctor's appointment today.

My doctor was very please that after increasing the medication, my contractions have slowed down. My tummy grew 1 centimeter and I gained 2 pounds. We didn't have an ultrasound today because he was confident in our progress. Sue, the nurse that comes to the house, was concerned about my heart....it was beating irregularly. The doctor said it was sounding better and he thinks it will improve once my body is use to the increased medication. He confirmed that I can be on this pump for about 4 weeks.....which will definitely put us in the clear. For the first time, I really think we might make it to our scheduled c-sections date of January 22.

Dr. Wai did warn us that I can have "break-through" contractions....which will happen when my body is use to the meds and it stops working. This happened when I was expecting the girls......but I am not worried because we are so far along.

It was a very positive visit today! Jeremy and I left the doctor's office confident and very excited!


Miss Addison has been awake...kicking and stretching....since about 11pm. I am hoping she is getting tired so I can get some rest. I think these sleepless nights are Gods way of preparing me for what lies ahead!

1 comment:

KRiSTiN said...

Hang in there, Mama!! Almost there!! Good grief, you're a trooper!!

Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker
Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker