Thursday, February 19, 2009

Colic Craziness

Now you know why I haven't posted in a while......
Miss A has colic. She started getting really fussy in the evenings. Lots of crying and tummy problems. Once we got her to sleep she was fine. In fact, I think she was tiring herself out, because she would sleep from 11 to 5ish!!!! But before she fell asleep, we had at least 4 hours of crying (screaming). Well, it just got worse and worse. I called the pediatrician and we changed her to a sensitive formula. We were still going through the same routine every night after a week on the sensitive one, so yesterday we changed to another one....don't know the name, all I know is that it is the purple Similac one and it seems to do much better!!!!

She loves the blankets all up by her face....she pull them up to her!

Last night we had very little crying but she did get up every 3 hours to eat. When she is upset....all she wants is her mommy. She does really well when I am holding her...we sing, dance...whatever helps!! I love that I can comfort her, especially when she isn't feeling well, but I am not going to lie....my Mommy Bath Time is lovely!!!!

Yep...that's a double chin...maybe triple depending on the angle :) You should see the rolls on her legs!!!

I am planning our summer out today. Grapevine has so many wonderful events and classes for the girls. I am signing them up for ballet/tap and 3 individual classes at the botanical gardens. I think we are also going to do the Mommy and Me Tea. Every Thursday, the rec center opens up the gym for toddlers. For one dollar they can play on the mats, bounce houses, balls and parachute......we will be there often I'm sure. Miss A and I might do the infant music class :)

Miss Addison is going to take her first stroll around Meridian tomorrow! I am sure she is going to love it.....as I said before, she is a social butterfly!

We will see everyone tomorrow!!!

3 comments:

Amanda said...

Aww, sorry she has colic, but I'm glad the new formula is helping. Sounds like you'll be busy this summer!! I'll be home till late June, so we'll have to take our girls out together! :)
Have fun in Meridian tomorrow!

Anonymous said...

Brook,
Something that I used with Macie when she had colic is "Onion Tea". Take an white onion, peel the outside layer off, cut it in 1/2 and place the layers in a sauce pan. Cover with water and boil for 20 minutes. While still hot, strain a few times to get all the pieces out and add sugar to taste. Give Miss Addison about 1 ounce before/with her bottle. I was amazed at the relief that Macie got from this. I would serve it cold/room temperature about 1 oz here and there thrughout the day and she would toot and toot. It helped the gas to move instead of staying in her little belly. Just a little tip that definately helped me out!! Hope to see you tomorrow. : )

Alicia said...

AAAWWW...poor baby! I am sorry to hear that she hasn't been feeling well, but so happy thing seem to be looking up. I must say I am HIGHLY jealous that you will be in MERIDIAN tomorrow...I want to be there too! I am for sure taking notes here and there with all you pregnant and new mommies out there. I have learned so much! XOXO

Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker
Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker