Friday, February 13, 2009

What's for dinner?

The purpose of this post is to improve my cooking skills......well at least get new recipes.

Tonight we are having...

Stuffed Bell Peppers

6 Bell Peppers
1 pound of Hamburger Meat
1 cup of Rice
1 can of Corn
1 can of Tomato Sauce
1 cup of A-1
Salt and Pepper
Mix all ingredients together.....clean out bell peppers and stuff them. Cook for about 30-45 minutes at 350 degrees.


Appetiser

Jalapeno Peppers filled with cream cheese and bacon

Doesn't sound good, but is really yummy....Jer is all about spicy. All you do is mix cream cheese and bacon (I use the real bacon pieces) and cook on the grill or oven until pepper is nice and yummy :)

Dessert
Cherry Fried Pies
(We don't do a lot of dessert, but I thought I would try this one)

I cheated and used the roll of Pillsbury pie crust (if you are Betty Crocker...please make your own). :) Flatten dough into small round sections, fill with pie filler (any fruit), fold in half and pinch edges. Fry in small pan filled with oil.....about medium or low heat so they don't burn. I covered my in a powdered sugar and water glaze.
Send me some recipes!!
Of course, I can't have a blog without pictures of Miss Addi...

I walked into our bedroom and this is what I found....Bear knows that he is not suppose to be on the bed....especially when Addi is taking a nap there. He tried to convince me that with the title of "Protector" comes responsibilities that requires him to break some rules :)

Actually...I bet he was thinking..."If she can do it...why can't I?"

Addison LOVES the blow dryer! I mean really loves it! If she is fussy, we just turn it on. The other day when we gave her a bath, Jer dried her hair with the blow dryer....now she requires it...even if it's not wet :) This might sound silly to you, but parents do crazy things to settle fussy babies :)

"Feels so good....yes, I like it spiked in the back!"




4 comments:

Brandi Burden said...

First off I cant wait to try those stuffed peppers!! Yummy!!
Bear is so sweet. You can tell he just loves her! I love the hair pic! That's funny!

I'll post a recipe for Mexican Roast on my blog. It doesnt sound very good but it is the best thing ever! ;)

Its good to have a peak into yall happy lives. Glad everything is going good for yall!

Anonymous said...

Babies love "white noise" -- it mimics the sounds in the womb. Remember how Faith and Grace loved the sound of the vacuum cleaner. Everytime they were fussy at all, sick, or fighting sleep I would turn the vacuum on. It, and the rocker, always worked like a charm :-).

Jenifer said...

Yum that sounds good! I make mine with Jambalaya rice mix, boiled chicken, & crumbled bacon topped with cheese & hot sauce! You ought to try to that way too!

Anonymous said...

I actually used the blow dryer with Macie too. She was very fussy, so we'd put her in her swing or bouncer, turn the blow dryer on and go about our business. She actually liked being strapped in the car seat, which I would place on the dryer and turn it on. There was noise, warmth and a small amount of movement. It's funny the things you'll do to calm such sweet babies!! :)

Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker
Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker