Thursday, July 30, 2009

Once Upon a Time in Mexico.....

I almost died..........twice!!!

OK so maybe I am over exaggerating....but not by much :)

Jer loves scuba diving......so we decided to go while we were in Puerto Vallarta. We were able to get certified at our resort. The classroom stuff was great, putting the gear on was OK, going under water nearly killed me. The pressure made me feel claustrophobic and I kept forgetting to breath. I finally got it....with lots of hand holding from the instructor....literally.

The next day we woke up and realized a storm had blown through....."oh Jer, it looks like we aren't going today" ;) No such luck.....come rain or shine....they will make you scuba dive.

My anxiety was pretty high riding in the taxi....well....a full blow panic attack came when I realized we would be going an hour and a half out on the boat. "Excuse me....you drop us off here and we swim back to the boat?" Once I forced myself to get all the way to the bottom (if Jer can do it...I will make myself) we had a blast. There were only 6 divers....the rest of the 50 people decided it was safer to snorkel.

I think my hair is pretty awesome :)




I also snorkeled.....it was only me and one of the other scuba divers.....for some reason the fish kept attacking me!!! Oh....wait....that's because Jer was throwing bread at me...nice!


We also decided to parasail. Craig went first....it looked great...just really high! He landed very smoothly on the sand. I went second and the wind kept swinging me around! It was scary...but that is what made it fun. You could see for miles.....Jer looked like an ant!! When it came time to "land", I could tell something wasn't right. The boat kept slowing down and speeding up and doing circles. All of a sudden the the guys on the beach started running to the water......yep I crashed into the ocean......almost taking out a father and son and clotheslining a swimmer. Come to find out, the guys weren't going to let us go because the wind was too high....Craig and Jer "talked him into it"! While Jer was up in the air, Craig said, "yeah, they said they might have a problem getting you to land because you don't weigh enough". Thanks guys!

We did have a blast on our little vacation. Of course, when it comes time to being a real tourist....I forget the camera at home!
I took these pics of Miss A last night. She loved Boston Market's sweet potatoes :)



1 comment:

Kathy said...

You are alot braver than I am. Justin would love to dive, but I'm not having it. I'd love for him to join a dive group, but he says he won't do it without me....I'll snorkle all day long, but nothing else!!

I'm sure it was beautiful!!

Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker
Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker