Thursday, July 2, 2009

Scary Night

Like I said, "I hate sharing"....but I am so glad the girls were not home last night. We had a really scary night!

When Jer got home from work, Addison and I met him at the truck to grab dinner and run a few errands. Our electric bill has been insane, so I walked around the house making sure everything was turned off...tvs...dvd players...lights....etc. I had worked from the house all afternoon, so I looked awful. While Addi was screaming, I found my green earring by my sink and threw on a matching green tee......no makeup and hair in a bun. It was such a nice evening....Miss A was excellent....even at Home Depot!

When we got home, I grabbed the drinks and diaper bag while Jer grabbed Addi. As I got closer to the door, I heard our alarm going off. Jer gave me Addison and went inside to check the house. He came out saying a tv upstairs and one downstairs was on. I ran next door to see if the electricity had gone off. Well, the electricity had not gone off. When I walked back into the house, Jer was about to check the office.....right before he opened the door, our closet door slammed! I ran across to the neighbors again to call 911. Miss A was screaming....probably because I was terrified!

The police came and checked the entire house....under beds, in closets, in our pantry and any hiding place they could think of. The two tvs were on, our computer monitor was on and my jewelry box was open (big standing one). The back door was unlocked, which is easy to do because we have a dog door.

Needless to say, we are ok and we haven't noticed anything missing......we were just rattled! I was jumpy all night....and Addison was really fussy. Even when she was sleeping (in our room of course), she was making all kinds of crying noises.

I don't even know how to describe how it feels to be invaded like that.

I thank God nothing happened to Jer while he was checking the house......and I am so glad we were not home. Maybe we had a weird surge that turned on the electronics and our alarm malfunctioned and Bear managed to open my jewelry box and a funny draft slammed the door (which is normally closed because our closet is attached to our office) and I left the back door open (which I know I locked)......maybe just maybe...

Anyways, long story short......last night our privacy wasn't private.

Update***** This morning we are finishing up the chores we wanted to get done before we went to the lake. Jer ran to Lowe's and I started mowing the yard....which I really enjoy. Anyways, I found the side gate unlocked and the latch open, but shut. When you close the gate you have to physically push the latch down.....it doesn't work like it is suppose to. Getting to the point.....it looks like someone came through the side gate and through the back door, unlocking it by sticking their hand through the dog door......(I did it this morning to see how easy it was....took me about 2 seconds)

6 comments:

Amanda said...

oh my gosh. i'm so sorry you had to go through that, but i'm so glad you are all okay and weren't home asleep or something when this happened. please let me know if y'all need anything!

Brandi Burden said...

Oh my goodness!! That is SO scary! My sis in law lives in Ft Worth and their house was broken into a couple of months ago. Her husband left the house at 9:45 that morning and the house alarm went off at 9:46 so they were watching and waiting for him to leave. They took all kinds of electronics and busted in the door. I know that has to be a bad feeling knowing that some stranger was in your house. I am so sorry yall had to go through that!!

KRiSTiN said...

OMG! I'm so glad nothing happened to you and that you're all safe!! How scary!

Alicia said...

Holy Cow Brook! That is crazy scary...so happy everyone is ok and nothing is gone!

Tiffany Dawn said...

Oh goodness!!! That is WAY WAY scary! Such a blessing that nothing is missing!!

The Throne Family said...

Yikes! I kind of know that invaded feeling you are talking about. Around a month ago someone broke into my car. Just thinking about that some crazy criminals were in my driveway was enough to make me nervous the next few nights that Andy was at work.

Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker
Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker