Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Weekend

Miss Addison has been trying and trying to put her toes in her mouth. Well, she finally did it!!! Of course, not for the camera :)


She has also decided that it is really fun to sit and play in her crib.....which is great with me



Mom came in this weekend to help me......it was a crazy weekend. Faith woke up at 1am on Friday with a temp of 102. I brought her in my room and gave her Tylenol every 4 hours....by 11 she still had 101 so I took her to Care Now. Her temp was 102.8 when we got there! The doc was wonderful.....he did all kinds of tests to see what was going on.....at first he thought it was her apendics.....nope.....just a virus I guess because by 7am on Saturday it was gone.

We also took Addison in for her 6 months check up. She is 98th percentile in height and weight....18 lbs and 24 inches long :) The doc said she is doing things an 8 month old does. Jer said that was thanks to him (just nod and smile). :) MeMe and Leonard came to visit on Saturday so we all went to the world famous Waffle Way!!! ok maybe it's only famous in my world. I love it when I have family around! I think I would like to live "back in the day" when families all lived together....ok well maybe all on the same piece of land (a little space is ok)....when the mom made dinner and everyone sat around the table (that would definitely be you Mom....not me "mom")........but without the 4am mornings and the raising your own food....... anyways back to the blog
The girls loved all of the attention :)



Jer and I have been wanting to redecorate our bedroom. After much debate he finally decided to trust me....so yesterday while he was at work I changed it up. We do not want to change our furniture because Grumpy did it. So I decided to go black and white with red accent. After agreeing on the fabric, I made our drapes, bedspread and pillows(not finished). Then I updated all of our photos to black and white. All I had to purchase were white sheets to finish the room.







Right now the sparkle is only on the middle section of the drapes.....I have to slowly work that kind of stuff in :)


I made ties with a small thing of beads on them to tie the curtains back.....I am not sure exactly how I want them yet.


We learned a lot this weekend. Kiddos are extremely resilient. Moms make everything better. Jer can trust my decorating skills. Bedspreads are a lot harder than they look.

3 comments:

Amanda said...

You are so talented! Want to come redecorate my house?! :)

Alicia said...

very nice...you can come do my house too...=)

KRiSTiN said...

You are so crafty!! I love what you've done!! You should make custom pillows and stuff (assuming you had the time!). You'd do really well, I bet. :)

Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker
Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker