Tuesday, October 21, 2008

2 lbs 1 oz

Today we had another doctor visit and ultrasound. Miss Addison gained 11 ounces in 11 days!!!! I gained 1 lb 5 oz (ok.......so I gained 2 pounds). The doctor said that everything is fine. Still having the contractions of course but the bed rest seems to be holding everything steady. He did confirm today that I will be on bed rest for the remainder of the pregnancy. I am 26 weeks today......I have been on bed rest for 20 days.....oh just a few more months to go!!!


I will confirm that all of our prayers have been answered in the last few days. We were concerned about Addison's size. Last visit she was in a very low percentile....but thanks to G's Sonic runs, she is now in the 53rd percentile. The doctor was very pleased. We were also concerned that the at home bed rest might be turned into hospital bed rest. Today the doctor told us that since I am doing well at home that I can stay here for now. He did say that we might have to do an at home iv pump to administer medicine for the contractions...but nothing for now. Addison has been our little trooper.....so strong and healthy! Jeremy and I are amazed at how much we love this tiny baby! We could not imagine not having her! It is true what they say....God's plan is much better than your own!!!!


This is her profile. I had to take my glucose test today so right before the ultrasound I drank the thick, orange sugar drink....I really don't know how else to describe it. She was very calm at first but then the sugar started to kick in!!!

This is her cute little foot. I have never been a feet person, but these little toes are intoxicating!!! Some of my favorite pictures are of her little feet.

When we were doing the ultrasound, we asked about the 4D one. The lady told us all about it and then said...."don't tell anyone!" She changed the machine and let us take a quick glance. We were able to take home this 4D picture of Miss Addison's face. (Her arm and foot kept getting in the way.....very active!)

We were very pleased when we left the doctors office today. I can do bed rest as long as she is healthy. I am trying to convince Jeremy that my chipped toenail polish is not working. I am trying to talk him into painting them for me....his response was, "as long as you don't look while I am painting them". Okay so that is a disaster waiting to happen! :) He has been wonderful!! I guess I can handle ugly toenails. :)


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am going to pray and think positive thoughts for you and Addison. It sounds like today was kind of a small victory and very rewarding (with the 4D photo and all). Keep doing what you are told and you next few months will fly by. It may seem like a long time, but in the end, you will be so glad you followed "Doctor's Orders". Keep us updated... I love seeing sonogram pictures. :)

Amanda said...

I'm so glad she is doing okay. I hope the next few months go by quickly for you - just take it easy and enjoy this time with her! :)

Aunt Linda said...

She already looks like her daddy.

Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker
Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker