Saturday, October 18, 2008

Butterfly Flutterby

I got out of the house today!!!!! My sweet husband helped me get out of bed and out of the house (I think my fit of tears, proclamation that EVERYTHING is out of control and profession that I am indeed losing my mind----definitely encourage his actions)...needless to say he is awesome and we had a wonderful afternoon.

Every year Grapevine holds what they call the Butterfly Flutterby. This is a celebration of the Monarch Butterfly migrating from Canada to Mexico....they travel through Grapevine so we have a festival!!! Faith was a little under the weather today so she stayed at home with MeeMaw (which she did not mind....when you don't feel well there is nothing like being rocked to sleep while Meemaw sings all of your favorite songs....I know, I use to love it too!). So Jeremy took Grace, Addison and I to the Butterfly Flutterby!


Grace was all dressed up with her Monarch Butterfly wings on.....every step she took she had to flap the wings because she was a real butterfly and that is how they move! This turned out to be slightly difficult because it was pretty busy downtown. Everyone was understanding when they were hit in the fanny with a butterfly wing....come to think of it....it was probably because her mommy is a large pregnant woman...compassion or fear...who knows. Grace decorated a beautiful butterfly with stamps, markers and glitter!



We all shared the best fresh squeezed lemonade while we watched the butterfly release. We didn't stay long but it was a blast. Of course, I forgot my camera, so these phone pictures will have to do.



The Difference Between Boys and Girls
I took this picture right when they released the butterflies. As you can see Grace thought it was amazing.....Jeremy on the other hand, has that look, "that's it?"
We had such a great time!!














1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the photo where she is on Jeremy's shoulders and the sky is so blue in the background. She looks just like you!! Both of the girls look so much like you! You are truely blessed with a great family.

Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker
Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker