Saturday, January 10, 2009

4 AM

Well, it is 4 am and I am wide awake! We came home yesterday afternoon, leaving our sweet Addison in the NICU. She is doing wonderfully.....we are so fortunate, but I am having waves of sadness! I miss her so very much! I know she is in wonderful hands.....but it would be better if those hands were mine!!!! When we left the nurses told Jeremy that I was doing too much and to make me sleep....if I was asleep when it was time for a feeding....let me sleep. So he went to the 6 feeding while I snoozed in the recliner....not too happy when I woke up but I was feeling better. We both went back to the hospital for the 9 and 12 feeding.....we are skipping the 3 but of course I woke up and couldn't go back to sleep.

Her progress....
She is eating great!!!! She only lost 5 grams from Thursday to Friday...yea!!! We are hoping this starts the journey up so we can bring her home. When we went in for the 9 feeding, her nurse said she had been awake since about 7:30....not fussing just looking around :) She confirmed that she loves to socialize and doesn't want to miss a thing. When they feed her a bottle, they have to turn away from everything so she will concentrate on eating instead of everyone else!!! The NICU staff loves her and says she already has a very distinct personality! When Jeremy holds her during feedings, she looks at every inch of his face.....just studying! It is so precious!

I will post more pics when we take some.....and I will keep everyone updated on her progress. Thank you so much for the prayers!!!

"being strengthened with all power according to his glorious might so that you may have great endurance and patience" Colossians 1:11

No comments:

Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker
Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker