Sunday, January 11, 2009

5 am

I know I really need to get some sleep, but I am use to nurses coming in and checking on me every few hours so my sleep schedule is all messed up. Then once I am awake, I can't stop thinking about Addison. So......since I am up I will give you a quick update.

I walked into the NICU this morning, looked at my sweet baby girl and noticed something different.......they took the feeding tube out!!!!!!!! I can't tell you how wonderful this is!!!!! She is eating wonderfully! They are still monitoring all the normal stuff, and she is wrapped in a light blanket for jaundice...my little glow worm....but other than that, they are just making sure she is going to keep up the good work with no help.

We bring her car seat in tomorrow so she can do the test.....after a feeding they put her in and monitor her for at least an hour to make sure the position doesn't cause any problems. With preemies, sometimes it can cause breathing and heart problems but they are tiny and sitting up differently.....every thing gets swished a little. The nurses think there will be no issue with Addison.

Grumpy and Gee came to the 6 feeding last night.....Gee just looked through the window because she as a little cold.....Addison gave her a big smile :) Grumpy came in while Jer was feeding her the bottle....Addison latched on to Grumpy's finger so tight that her knuckles turned white!!!!
Daniel also came to visit and held Miss Addison......she stuck her tongue out at him :)

Addison definitely has stolen every one's heart. When I walk in the NICU the nurses are cuddling with her!!! :) Anytime a new nurse comes in they tell me how sweet and snuggly she is!!!! I seem to agree....not that I am bias :)

No comments:

Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker
Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker