Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Our Sweet Little Girl

I am hoping this blog is halfway coherent.....I am exhausted!

After coming to the hospital yesterday morning, we had Miss Addison at 9:15 last night!!!! She was 6 pounds 8.2 ounces and 18 inches long!!

After the c-section, they said that she was the healthiest baby born all day....thank you prayers!!!

Unfortunately, she is still in the NICU because she was breathing a little fast. Right now they are feeding her through a feeding tube because they don't want her to have a bottle with the breathing issues. They said it would be like eating a hamburger while running a marathon!

I was able to hold her for a few minutes last night! (the nurse wheeled my bed into the NICU after recovery) I was so thankful for her last night.

At four this morning, Jeremy was able to change her diaper, take her temp, and feed her (still with the tube). He was beaming!!!! While he was with her, I was making my first attempt at standing. In fact, I walked around the room and brushed my teeth! I want to hold Addison soooo badly....the faster I get up the sooner I can go to the NICU.

Mom and Dad didn't sleep one wink last night! We are definitely struggling this morning! I have pictures and a lot more to share but my brain is not working this morning. (I am glad that Jer brought his laptop....it takes my mind off the pain and my little one that I want in my arms)

As I looked around the NICU last night, I realized how blessed we are! The tiny little babies that will have to be away from their parents for months!!!! We are truly grateful!!!

We aren't sure how long Addison will have to stay in the NICU.....we are just taking it hour by hour right now......but she is doing wonderful!!!

9 comments:

Amanda said...

Congratulations! I am so glad you are both doing okay. You continue to be in my thoughts and prayers!

Brandi Burden said...

YAY!! Congrats! I am glad yall are both doing well! I hope you get to see her really soon! =)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Congrats Brook and Jeremy on your new little girl!! Your prayers have paid off. It seems that she was born at a healthy weight and is doing pretty well. I'm very excited for the two of you. Get some rest while you can... :)

Courtney said...

Congrats! Glad to hear everyone is doing well. Keeping you in continued thoughts and prayers.

Tiffany Dawn said...

Brook! Wow! I just checked in to see how things were going since New Years and - YOU HAVE A NEW LITTLE GIRL! I'm excited for you and Jeremy! Maybe when you get home I'll make a trip up to GV to catch up and see your trio!

Kathy said...

Congratulations!!!! I hope she is out of the NICU quickly and you are back on your feet soon. take care! I can't wait to see pictures!

Amy said...

Congratulations. I pray that you are both getting better very quickly! Can't wait to see pictures!

The Throne Family said...

Congratulations! I am glad that you are doing good, and I hope that you get to hold your sweet little girl soon. What a way to start the new year!

Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker
Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker